Saturday, February 9, 2013

Advantage of Rural Life | Central/Southern Virginia Photographer


There are some advantages to living in the middle of nowhere. I will be the first to admit that most of the time it is a little inconvenient to live so far away from anything. I can't just run to the store to pick up small items I may have forgotten during my grocery trip. Everything is at least 15-20 minutes away. My store choices are also limited unless I want to drive another 15-20 minutes. BUT .... nights like tonight I am grateful I live where I do. If I lived in the city we couldn't decide to build a fire in the back yard for no reason at all. Yes it is cold outside, but it was nice and toasty beside our fire. We stood by the fire keeping warm looking up at the stars in awe, imagining what it was like for the people who lived during a time when electricity wasn't even a glimmer in the imagination.





No comments:

Post a Comment